Licensing Requirements for Foster or Adoption
- Must be at least 25 years of age, financially stable, responsible, and a mature adult
- Complete an application
- Share information regarding background and lifestyle
- Provide relative and non-relative references (5 in total)
- Be single, married, widowed, or divorced for at least 1 year. Please show proof of marriage if you are married and/or proof of divorce if you are/were divorced and proof of spouse’s death if widowed.
- Agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members and inspection of all parts of the home, grounds, and outbuildings.
- Complete a criminal history background check and FBI fingerprinting on all adults in the household. (Adults are people age 14 and older who live in or visit your household regularly.)
- Attend free training